Schauenburg Lay-Flat Ducting is ideal for positive pressure applications. This is the standard ducting used in hard-rock mines, due primarily to low initial cost and ease of installation. Seams and grommets are welded to be airtight, providing low airflow resistance.
Applying our world-wide experience and know-how, we work closely with our customers to make sure they are getting the most appropriate grade of duct to minimize cost and maximize durability.
- Diameters from 6 inches to 96 inches (150 to 2,450 mm) available.
- Lengths to 1,000 feet (308 meters).
- Five different grades to match specific pressure and durability requirements.
Flexible Forced Duct for postitive pressure, with two welded suspension strips. Steel wire cable with button stops welded into the suspension on both sides. Standard diameters 24-94″
lengths made to order.
- Flame resistant
- Low leakage in long lengths
- Pressure rating dependent on material, construction
- Requires additional fan for reversing air flow on OSHA-regulated tunneling jobs
- Medium friction factor
- Many grades available
- Low cost
- Requires special expertise in applications for booster fans
- Low friction loss
- Stiff cable endrings to minimize leakage
- Grommet suspension strips
- Standard lengths 25-1,000′
- Acid and rot resistant
Best suited for:
- Short ventilation runs
- Long ventilation runs when using high-quality long-length ducts
- TBM tunnels
|Fabric||Color||Material||Weight||Scrim Denier||Scrim Count||Tear Strength|
|Vinyl w/1 layer
|11 oz/sq yd
|1000 x 1000||8 x 5||Fill – 48 lbs/Warp – 56 lbs|
|(22 kg)||(25 kg)|
|CD-14||Yellow||Vinyl w/1 layer
|14 oz/sq yd
|1300 x 1300||9 x 9||Fill – 88 lbs/Warp – 88 lbs|
|(40 kg)||(40 kg)|
|CD-18||Yellow||Vinyl w/1 layer
|18 oz/sq yd
|1300 x 1300||9 x 9||Fill – 137 lbs/Warp – 135 lbs|
|(62 kg)||(61 kg)|
|CD-24||White||3 layers vinyl
2 layers scrim
|24 oz/sq yd
|1000 x 1000||18 x 18||Fill – 150 lbs/Warp – 190 lbs|
|(68 kg)||(86 kg)|